Windows Defender or Windows Defender Antivirus is particularly known as Microsoft Defender before the update on 10 May 2020. It is used as the Microsoft Windows anti-malware factor and was first disclosed as a free anti-spyware. Later it shipped with Windows Vista and 7. It has also grown as a full antivirus program after replacing Microsoft Security Essentials.
How to Activate Windows Defender
You can activate windows defender antivirus by following the instructions discussed below:
- Turn off Microsoft Defender
You need to check that the time between now and the time you shut down the computer, your Microsoft Defender is turned off. You can also remove the antivirus and enable the Windows Defender.
- Go to the Start button
Tap on the windows option.
- Click on Settings
Then tap on the Settings option and it opens up.
- Select Update and Security
Tap on Update and Security displayed under the Settings tab.
- Hit on Windows Security
Then tap on the Windows Security button displaying on the left side of your windows
- Search for the Virus and threat protection
You can find the option Virus & threat protection in the middle of the window and then tap on it.
- Virus and threat protection settings
You can get this link Virus and threat protection settings in the middle of the menu card.
- Select the option Off
Tap the Off option. You will find it on the top of the window screen.
- Tap on Yes
Lastly, tap on the yes button and thus your Microsoft Defender.
Activate Windows Defender in Windows 7, 8, 8.1, And 10
You can Activate Windows Defender in different windows such as like 7, 8, 8.1, And 10 Let’s discuss the above points briefly
Activate Windows Defender in Windows 7
You can activate Windows Defender on Windows 7 by following the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, move the cursor to the Control Panel and then double-tap on Windows Defender.
- You need to see the Windows Defender information in the resulting Window that your Defender is turned off and it will be informed to you.
- Lastly, tap on the click here to turn it on the button and the Windows Defender will be enabled.
You need to close the windows and restart your computer to run your Windows 7 Windows Defender.
How to Activate Windows Defender in Windows 8
Sometimes, it is difficult to activate Windows Defender in Windows 8. But there are a few steps that you can activate Windows Defender.
The steps are mentioned below:
- Firstly, you need to tap the logo of Window + X on the keypad. After that, a list will be displayed and then tap on the list of Control Panel. And 8.1
- In that list select System and Security
- After the window of System and Security pops up, tap on the Action Center.
- When the Action Center list opens up, tap on the view anti-spyware apps or on the antivirus button.
- The next step will depend on like – if you tapped view anti-spyware, then tap on highlight Windows Defender and thus select the Turn on option. Or if you select on the Antivirus button then you need to Turn on Windows Defender. Your windows defender will be turned on. Thus, you need to update the antivirus and spyware descriptions.
windows defender in windows 8.1
If you want the steps for activating the windows defender in windows 8.1 is as same as the activation steps of Windows 8. By following the steps you can easily activate the Windows Defender in Windows 8.1 version.
How do I activate Windows Defender in Windows 10?
Windows Defender can be activated Offline and it was originally launched in the year 2011. It was last upgraded in 2012 and Microsoft has expanded to Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14271.
Sometimes, it is impossible to activate windows defender in windows 10 but with the help of the upgraded build you can activate Windows Defender in Windows 10 by using offline mode and the steps for instructions are as follows:
- Firstly, you need to save work and close all your open applications.
- Then tap to the Start button and install the option Settings.
- After that, move your pointer and reach to Update and security and then select on Windows Defender.
- Now move your cursor to the Windows Defender Offline as you are choosing offline mode.
- Select the option Scan Offline.
After the countdown starts, as you can’t stop the timer, your computer will restart and the windows defender will scan to reboot. The system for this will take 15min to completion of the process.
How to activate Windows Defender Firewall:
- Firstly, go through the following procedure:
- Select the Start button.
- Then followed to the Settings tab
- After that select Update & Security
- Select Windows Security and
- Lastly, click on firewall & network protection.
- You need to choose the option network profile.
- Then, under Microsoft Defender Firewall, you need to tap on the On button. If your gadget is connected to the network, then your network policy settings may prevent you from completing the process. If you come across such a problem you need to contact the officials.
Thus, your activation process of activating the Windows defender firewall is completed.
Hence, from the above article, you can get the idea of how to activate Windows Defender depending on the type of windows you use on your device.