Twitch is one of the world’s best live streaming arena. Some users are monthly active. Watching a live game is quite impressive so Twitch is the world’s popular gaming platform.
Though twitch is good for streaming it also faces error code 4000 twitch. It shows resource format does not support the browser or unavailable when you try to stream videos.
If you have faced this type of issue then we are there to help you.
How to fix twitch error code 4000?
You can refresh the stream before moving to the fixes of error 4000 twitch. Sometimes it so happens that the connection from the Internet to your pc is disconnected and if you refresh the page this might fix the error.
Just select Ctrl + R to refresh the screen.
Here are the few error 4000 twitch solution
Twitch popout player
The Twitch popout player is one of the temporary solutions for twitch error 4000.
Follow the steps mentioned below :-
- Open the video player and hit the cog button.
- Choose the Popout Player.
- Now check whether you can stream with the help of the player or not.
Try clearing the Cache and Cookies
Sometimes it so happens that cache, cookies, and history data load your browser making it unable to stream any videos. Thus it shows twitch error 4000 on firefox.
You need to clear all the cache and cookies so that the problem can be solved.
Here are the steps to be followed if error 4000 twitch in firefox :
- Open the twitch page and tap on the menu tab.
- Then choose Options.
- Now, choose the Privacy & Security option.
- Take the pointer to the section Cookies and Site Data.
- Lastly, tap the option Clear Data.
Once your data is cleared you need to load the streaming site to check your issue is fixed.
Clear the DNS Cache
Follow the steps of instruction below:-
- From the keyboard, you need to select the windows and R key together and click it.
- A screen will pop up, enter cmd and then tap Shift + Ctrl + Enter keys together.
- A window appears, “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device”, you need to hit the Yes button.
- Now enter the command as “ipconfig /flushdns” and then click the Enter button.
The DNS cache will be cleared. Now check if the error is fixed.
Disable the browser extensions
You need to disable the extensions or add-ons which might cause an error to your device.
If the error 4000 twitch appears on the ubuntu of the firefox browser then follow the steps mentioned.
- In firefox, tap on the Open menu option and choose Add-ons.
- A page pops up, hit the option Extensions.
- Now from the Manage Your Extensions option, you need to tap on the blue toggle button which will be turned grey when disabled.
Do not forget to check whether your problem is solved or not.
Try Incognito mode
You can directly surf the Internet from the browser which might fix your issue of twitch video error 4000.
Follow the simple steps mentioned below:-
- In the Chrome browser, go to the three dots and tap on the New incognito Window.
- If you are using the PC device then select Ctrl + Shift + N. The incognito window will open up quickly.
Close the media players that are active
Twitch does not load video when other apps are running in the background.
Here are the steps to close the media players:-
- Firstly, from the keyboard, select the Windows + R keys together and the Run box pops up.
- When the run box opens up then type task mgr.
- After that tap the Enter button.
- Now, right-click on the player that is running and then choose the option End task.
Once you close the media players try open any videos on twitch to check the error is resolved.
Set the audio device to default
Here are the steps to set the audio device to default:-
- Firstly, enter the control panel on the taskbar and then choose from the list.
- Now choose the Sound option.
- Then go to the Playback option and right-click on the audio device.
- Choose the Set as Default Device option and after that tap the OK button. Check whether you can stream videos on twitch.
Manage to update the audio the drivers
You need to update the drivers if you set your audio device to default.
You can manually update the drivers.
Follow the mentioned steps:-
- Go to the official site and launch the compatible drivers.
- You will find some on-screen steps of instructions to download and launch the drivers.
Once you installed the correct drivers for your device the error you are facing will be solved.
Unplug the audio hardware
To solve the twitch tv error code 4000 unplugged, you need to remove the audio hardware. The hardware like external speakers might interfere with the device and if you remove them the issue will be solved.
Once you remove it do not forget to check by loading any videos on twitch.
When you find no error while streaming videos then you can again plug it.
Download Twitch desktop app
When not a single above-mentioned solution works then you need to download the desktop app of a twitch on your pc.
The twitch app of desktop version provides the best performance compared to the version of chrome, firefox, internet explorer etc.
Hence, here are the fixes for error code 4000 twitch. Select any one which you think suits your device. Hope this guide will be a helping hand to fix the issue.