Twitch is one of the best apps that provide streamers to show up their talents through live performances online. It also helps the users to watch the ongoing live streams.
As it loads tons of content and sometimes cannot operate due to complications your screen will pop out with a message showing error code 995f9a12 twitch. This error code will be shown on Xbox when you connect the app to it.
Below we will be discussing a few of the fixes for the situation you are facing.
How To Resolve Error Code 995f9a12 For Twitch App On Xbox?
Before going to the troubleshooting of the twitch app let’s see what are the drawbacks that cause the error such as – If you deactivate the twitch account or change your display name. These errors do not occur when you use the app from other platforms like mobile or pc.
Here are the points to fix twitch error code 995f9a12
Remove the Xbox from Twitch account
Follow the points to fix the error:-
- Firstly, you need to open the site of Twitch on a mobile or laptop device.
- When the page opens up move the pointer to the Profile Section and then tap on the Connections to open it.
- On that page, you need to find the option Xbox and then hit the button Remove or Unlink.
- Now, on the Xbox install the Twitch application and hit the Sign in button.
- A code will be delivered to you. Type the code on the space provided and enter it into the page.
- You can now use Xbox to log in as no error exists.
Alternate Mac address reset
Here are the steps of instructions to be followed:-
- Move your cursor and tap on the Xbox option on the Controller.
- Then, go to the System option and then choose Settings.
- Now move to the Network tab and then choose Network Settings.
- Choose Advanced Settings and then proceed to the tab Alternate MAC Address.
- Now hit on the Clear option.
- After clearing the address then rap on the Restart button. Once you tap on restart the changes will be applied.
Lastly, sign in into the twitch account and check if the problem is resolved.
Twitch Stream Key to Reset
The error code 995f9a12 occurs on twitch can be fixed if you have a stream key which is unique for different users. You need to reset the key to fix the error.
Following are the few points for resetting the stream key:-
- Firstly, you need to use the pc or laptop to open the website of twitch. Do not use the Xbox app.
- Now, tap on the Settings tab and then click Channels.
- Then, tap on the “Reset your Stream key” tab.
- Select the Reset tab available near Primary Steam Key.
- You need to wait until the reset process completes.
- After that, go to the Xbox and install the Twitch app.
- Lastly, sign in to the account and check if the error persists.
Perform the Power Cycle Process
If you are unable to fix the error with the help of the above methods then here is another procedure to make your work easier.
Follow the steps mentioned below:-
- Firstly, tap and hold the power switch. Hold for 10 seconds and then remove your finger from the switch.
- You need to wait until the process completes and after completing the device turns on.
- Check for the initial sequence for a startup.
- If you find the startup animation then your process of power cycle is completed.
- When you complete your next startup then try to use the Twitch app.
- Lastly, keep in mind to check if the error caused is resolved or not.
Sometimes these errors can be solved if any users write comments because the other users might face a similar issue as yours. This will help you a lot as they will describe with their personal experiences.
Hope this article will guide you to resolve the error code 995f9a12 on the twitch app. If your problem is not solved then try to uninstall the app and then again install it.