Citi particularly styled as Citibank is a bank which was established in the year 1812 and is one of the consumer sections of the economic division under multinational corporations. The bank was known as the City Bank of New York until 1812 but later evolved to First National City Bank of New York. There are banks in the19 countries which include 2649 branches
Citibank Card Activation: After receiving the cards in your mail, may it be debit or credit, you need to get it activated so that you can enjoy shopping.
You can come across various ways for activating your cards. Let’s have a thorough understanding of how to activate the card by following a few instructions.
There are a few requirements to Activate your Citi Bank credit card:
|Passcode||Date of Birth|
|Bank ID||Email ID|
|Security Code||Mobile number|
|Expiry Date of Card|
Advantages of Credit and Debit Card which you can enjoy after activating the cards like No-Cost EMIs, Reward Points, Great Discounts, Cashback etc.
You can find methods for activating the Citi Bank Debit and Credit Card.
Activating the card by SMS
Activating the card through online
Activating the card over the phone.
Activating the card through App
We can study the steps regarding the activation process by browsing the link citi.com/activate the USA.
Activating the Citibank card by SMS:
For the activation of debit or credit card through SMS, follow the following procedure:-
- Firstly, you need to send an activation message to Citibank
- By using the mobile device you can send a text message. Type ACT <space> <Last 4 Digits of your Credit or Debit Card Number>.
- After creating the message, send it to the required number to 6508.
- Lastly, you will receive a message immediately, notifying the cards have been activated.
Activating the Citi card through Online:
You can activate the card through online mode. For this, you need to visit the site at www.citi.com/activate.
Follow the following steps mentioned below:-
- visit Citi.com/activate the debit or credit card you are using.
- After browsing the site, type the User ID and Password into the blank space of the field.
- Then, click on the “Services or My profile” tab.
- Tap on the “Card activation” option and select the card name for activation.
- You will receive a confirmation mail through SMS or email notifying the completion of the process.
Thus, your card status will be activated by online method.
Easily Activating the card over a Phone
If you find problems in online banking mode then you can try the customer agent number.
Follow the instructions for activation:-
- First, reach the support group at – 1860 210 2484.
- You will hear automatic instructions and follow the procedure for card activation.
- Type the details of your card and your personal information.
- You need to agree to the terms and conditions of Citibank Card Services.
- Finally, get your card activated and enjoy the services.
Activating the card activation Citibank through App:
You can activate the debit or credit card through the mobile app. Follow the following procedure:-
- Tap on the link – Citi and search and launch the app.
- After installing the app from the store, you will need to sign in with the authorized information.
- Once logged in, you will receive a confirmation message via SMS or email.
- Your card will be activated after receiving the message
You need to browse the URL- citi.com/activate the card for activating the debit or credit cards.
Here, we can help you out with the following steps:
- Firstly, you can get access to the link mentioned above in your browser.
- To continue the process, you need to tap on the “Get Started” option.
- Provide your 16-digit card number and security code consisting of 3-digit. Then, fill in your age details and the last 4-digits of SSN to confirm your identity.
- After, providing the required details, then select the “Confirm Receipt” tab.
- You need to furnish all the necessary information and answer a few personal questions.
- At last, you can set up the account of Citi activate com. With the help of this, you can supervise the card statements anytime.
You can activate your debit card and use the card for:
- Non-resident external rupee checking
- Non-resident ordinary rupee checking
- In the first case, you can withdraw at the local currency at any of the region ATM
- In the second case, you can withdraw money only in Indian currency.
Hence, the above article we discussed is all about the activation of the card of Citibank. You can also browse the web with the link- www.citi.com/activate.